Newsletter • Jul 17, 2021
17th July 2021
As half of Australian population is currently under lockdown, I have deep sympathy for those who are affected during this uncertain and turbulent time.
Despite all the frustration and obstacles through this pandemic and in human history, there must be something we can do for ourselves and others as a society. Being positive, mentally stable and staying strong is more important than ever. Yes I have seen many people doing just that though it should never be taken lightly!
What is your action to stay positive and strong for yourselves and loved ones?
My answer is I do Tai Chi and Qi Gong everyday. The key is Practise Everyday regardless if it is a cold, hot, good or bad day. I never forget what my master said to me “If you eat and sleep everyday, then treat Tai Chi the same as you need to eat and sleep”.
Tai Chi and Qi Gong is something to calm your mind, relax your body and uplift your spirit. It is for everyone and it can be done anytime, anywhere.
There are a few reasons that I think Tai Chi and Qi Gong are really amazing life exercise choice:
- You need nothing else but your body and mind. Isn’t it the best environmental friendly exercise? We look after ourselves as well as our mother planet- Earth.
- You can do as much or as little as you please, even one movement (or stillness) will bring you great health outcome as long as you do it regularly. A great example is Zhan Zhuang ( Tai Chi Standing Holding a Ball pose)
- Immense mental health gain as mind becomes calm and peaceful. Clarity and concentration is therapeutic to heal and deal with lots of life issues.
- Little space is needed depending on Tai Chi/Qi Gong set. I have a six-year old boy, very active and noisy (sometimes). To find a quiet place, I will do Tai Chi and Qi Gong in the bedroom. It works!
- No matter how strong or weak, what age you are at right now, you can start to learn Tai Chi and Qi Gong. Age and fitness level shouldn’t hinder you from pursuing a healthy and happy life you desire.
- Being focused, present and mindful, self-discovery and enlightenment is part of a wonderful personal and spiritual journey through Tai Chi and Qi Gong practice.
To help you with your Tai Chi and Qi Gong learning, I have created over 50 online videos at https://meridian-connection.com.au/gallery/video/ which require no Tai Chi entry level.
Margaret, my current student used the online videos while attending tai chi class:
“I have been practicing at home using your U-tube clips. I found the “31 days Keep Calm” videos. I’ve found them soooo helpful as an adjunct to the 12 Forms videos, I just had to let you know!! I’m so excited as I feel that I’m still able to progress a little each day, so thank you.”
Feel free to use these wonderful FREE resources and share with others if you think it would be beneficial for them.
Lao Tzu says “Water is the softest thing, yet it can penetrate mountains and earth. This shows clearly the principle of softness overcome hardness”.
His words are well worthy of some consideration for all of us.
My Tai Chi team and I are looking forward to meeting you in person or welcoming you back for Term 3 soon.
Wish you well with Good Qi,
Fang & Meridian Connection Tai Chi team